For a multinational company operating in packaging sector, we are looking for a
PRODUCTION MANAGER (with a professional path to the role of OPERATIONS MANAGER)
Identify and implement productivity improvement projects to improve the profitability of the operation. Participate in the development of new projects to be launched in the plant, and lead project implementation, as requested. Be a change agent leader; drive the cultural transformation necessary to achieve world class performance by the organization.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Ensure all quality SOPs are followed and maintained.
- Schedule production for molding and assembly based on customer expected ship dates achieving perfect quality and ensure Hourly/Daily/Weekly/Monthly production reporting is accurate,.
- Immediately resolve off-schedule situations, variances to performance, lost time and production costs that are off-standard.
- Ensure process bottlenecks are known, perform gap analysis and drive continuous improvement plans to eliminate/reduce bottlenecks.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement to KPIs – labor, machine rates versus target, scrap, etc.
- Work with maintenance to ensure machine uptime, including coordination of PM schedules with production schedules.
- Establish 5S / 6S program and ensure housekeeping procedures are followed.
- Implement waste elimination practices.
- Active participation with Engineering Dept. in system for mold repair - what is required to be done by when and when is the tool required back in production.
- With material handling team, develop and implement production planning & control techniques to improve responsiveness and flexibility.
- Conduct layered audits on a regular basis to confirm operator conformance to work/operator instructions coordinated with the quality team.
- Ensure adherence to a formal, structured and controlled process for process changes and engineering changes.
- Ensure bar coding of material and components is used throughout the manufacturing process to eliminate non value added effort and speed delivery of material/information – proper training, ensure accuracy and timely data entry.
- Manage the leads and operators.
- Reporting on the performance of the quality management system and on opportunities for improvement to management.
- Ensuring the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization and in particular, your area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that the integrity of the quality management system is maintained when changes to the quality management system are planned and implemented.
- Ensuring that the processes are delivering their intended outputs.
- Support all EHS activities and strictly adhere to all work instructions and safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing or business.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing leadership positions.
- Technical background in injection molding and/or high speed assembly.
- ISO 9001.
- Quality Audits.
- Experience with developing and implementing successful solutions for complex manufacturing and supply chain problems.
- Project management.
- Proven people management skills and ability to develop a team.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Lean or Six Sigma qualification preferred.
Location: near Vicenza.