For a multinational company, leader in its sector, we are looking for the R&D Manager.
This role ensures the effective execution of projects from the laboratory and pilot-scale up to the manufacturing plant. The position will establish strong relationships with the Commercial, Purchasing, Quality, Engineering, and Manufacturing organizations across business unit network and will be integrated into global R&D network. This person will
develop a high-performing R&D team focused on improving manufacturing processes, qualifying raw materials, developing analytical methods, and conducting applications and
stability testing in various matrices.
- Responsible for promoting a safety culture within the R&D Development Group, including the laboratory and pilot facilities in Italy. Ensure that employees worksafely, conduct monthly inspections of the laboratory and pilot plant, maintain the chemical inventory system, and create and enforce effective SOPs.
- Lead the group in executing a portfolio of development, scale-up, and technical support projects across manufacturing facilities, supporting the business. Facilitate project prioritization within the R&D portfolio and BU programs.
- Champion the Support Project Process workflow, activities, and deliverables. Assign project managers to projects, balance team members' workloads, and personally handle project manager responsibilities.
- Develop a system for designing and managing industrial-level processes to improve yield, enhance quality, and achieve cost savings through increased efficiencies and optimal utilization of current and new raw materials.
- Serve as a technical resource for the organization to resolve internal or customerrelated issues as they arise.
- Design and conduct technical experiments, make detailed observations, analyze data, record and interpret results, and effectively communicate findings.
- Design and perform laboratory process studies for manufacturing products, test proposed processes at a small scale and in pilot operations. Collaborate with the Operations organization to successfully transfer products/processes to the manufacturing facilities.
- Build and maintain a team of highly competent, effective, and results-focused individuals.
- Strong working knowledge of chemistry and ability to develop industrial chemical processes.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Experience with industrial chemical reaction, crystallization, and blending equipment and in a regulated (cGMP) environment.
- Capability to leverage technical and functional expertise to address broader business issues.
- Understanding of the commercialization process with a proven track record of its application.
- A passion for achieving end-to-end success by taking ideas from their conceptual stage to marketplace execution.
- A manager with solid interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching, communicating with integrity, and showing appreciation.
- PhD. Bachelor of Science Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of product development food, dietary supplement, or pharmaceutical industries.
- 5+ years management experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Italian and English with technical fluency.
WORKPLACE: West Lombardy