For a multinational company operating in transport and logistic sector, we are looking for a
SALES AND MARKETING SPECIALIST
The candidate will develop new businesses within the given strategy of the country as per the company guidelines and ensuring the businesses profitability after start up.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Develop the Pipeline for warehousing and transport opportunities (including Copacking) and identify contacts of potential and target customers, align with strategy [industry, products, geographies], open doors and start a relationship on local level.
- Go / No Go analysis (including fit with commercial policy).
- Identification of the key points to win.
- Set the priorities on tender quotations as per: Resources availability, Chances to win the tender, How the business fits with FM needs.
- Ensure that the tender process is organized in order to deliver the customer on time and coordinate the response with all relevant stakeholders and engage the required resources, in order to finalize the valued solution.
- Articulate the customer demand and specific request within the project to ensure the right internal understanding for the solution design. Articulate the proper solution description to avoid misunderstandings or wrong interpretations.
- Challenge all the quotations received by the solution engineers before the final approval of Operations (purchase costs, productivities, activity organization, real estate solution, etc..).
- Negotiate the offers incl bid closing with the support of the Managing director when needed and the contract with the customer after the business is awarded.
- Ensure full compliance during the tender process.
- Regularly update the pipeline status and take actions when needed.
- Support finance for Business Investment applications preparation / discussion for new business won.
- Press releases preparation together with the communication department.
- Participation in public events including public speeches.
- Writing articles to newspapers together with the communication department.
- Propose and develop the local marketing strategy in alignment with the company rules.
- Company presentations preparation & update.
- Show cases / references slides update.
- Push and orient customer decisions.
- Pilot internal negotiations (Legal, financial, Corporate).
Qualifications, personal and technical skills
- University Degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a Logistics Service provider in a similar role; deep warehousing and distribution operations knowledge and good knowledge and understanding of logistics processes and goods flows.
- Concept development / understanding based on customer requirements.
- Warehousing and distribution costs and their impact on the final budget.
- Understanding of IT/IS solutions.
- Excellent project management and commercial approach.
- Good Inter personnel and communication
- Fluent English.
Location: Vellezzo Bellini (PV)