For a prestigious multinational group, we are looking for a:
GLOBAL TRANSPORTATION PROCUREMENT EXPERT
As part of the Sea Transport Team, under the coordination of the Head of Sea Transport, the Transport buyer will be part of International Transportation team in the Head Quarter based in Milan.
Collaboration with key HQ Supply Chain functions (Network planning, Control Tower and Inbound
Team) and local Operational across the world (63 countries), the employee will be responsible of
guarantee the Sea Transport Capacity to ensure business continuity respecting the Cost targets.
- Manage a Pirelli Sea and Train Supplier Pool at HQ level to ensure capacity and service for all Company International flows;
- Define Service requirements and negotiate commercial conditions at HQ level;
- Mange the SEA full tender’s process: service definition, scouting, benchmark and negotiate directly with transport suppliers;
- Continues Market Overview to follow up closely MARKET evolution to find out opportunities in terms of cost and new players;
- Transport Cost Reporting, including yearly budget activities;
- Evaluate, analyze and control supplier performances and their KPIs in order to guarantee the service level agreed and meet the Company needs;
- Develop Reporting Systems and KPI to achieve Service, Cost and Sustainability goals;
- Support Operational teams: Local country teams (Inbound/Outbound) and Regional Control Tower to recover potential criticalities;
- Monitor and support the administrative cycle (invoicing dispute, payment tracking).
Technical and Soft Skills
- Master Degree in Logistics, Economics or Industrial Management Engineering;
- At least 4 years of experience in Logistic/Purchasing specialized in transportation;
- Fluent in English and Italian;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Power point), SAP is a plus.
- Excellent negotiation and relational skills are mandatory;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment;
- Strong problem solving and planning skills;
- Genuine interest in supply-chain and logistics;
- Accountability and Initiative.