For a dynamic company part of a foreign industrial group leader in its sector, we are researching :
of the Italian distribution operation Division. The candidate should have an entrepreneurial and intercultural personality with clear focus on results, both in operations and business development. He will have to ensure the company long-term technological leadership and innovative capability, modernizing and optimizing processes according to the Operational Excellence Standard in terms of efficiency and performance, as well as supporting the group sales teams to ensure the group growth in the distribution activities. The position will report to the Group CEO (President).
The aim is to successfully continue the growth of the unit and to intensively develop the Italian and Export market in order to increase sales and earnings in a sustainable manner and to implement a continuous improvement culture in Operations.
Responsibilities and goals:
- Realization of profitable growth, increasing market share, especially in the distribution business, identification and systematic development of new markets and further strengthening the brand including monitoring competitors and other market conditions
- Expanding and maintaining sustainable customer relationships and attracting new customer;
- Development and implementation of measures derived from the group strategy and presenting these in a roadmap with clear milestones to ensure the long-term direction and operational management of the company;
- Proposing and executing an operational strategy consistent with the company growth ambitions, through promotion of the group continuous improvement tools and trough budget investment proposal with a full P&L responsibility
- Optimization and modernization of value creation processes, including the creation of efficient structures and achievement of operational excellence monitoring the Industrial activity. Monitoring plant performances and production to plan trough improvement of the main indicators (Safety Quality Cost Delivery Motivation)
- Create a relationship based on trust and constructive collaboration with the other sister companies and Head Quarter in general.
- Work closely with other country MDs to ensure potential alignment of business activities, taking full advantage of existing resources and potential synergies in product /technical developments elsewhere within the Group.
- Establishment of a modern management and performance culture, together with people development that encourages innovation and meets the development needs of junior staff and key talent in particular. Maintain and development of the Business Unit’s ethics and professionalism.
Skills and requirements:
- Degree in Engineering, an additional General Management qualification would be an advantage;
- Fluent knowledge of English language, French is a plus;
- Several years of professional experience as a generalist, managing autonomous business units or divisions with P&L-responsibility in Italy; Used to reporting duties and forecasting.
- An extensive experience in international B2B operations, sales and business development in the field of technically advanced products/solutions are mandatory;
- Previous experience in well-known medium-sized industrial manufacturing companies with a knowledge of Lean Manufacturing standards, ideally in the field of medium to high volume assembly operation or automotive tier 1/tier 2 operations with a track record;
- A solid experience (and mentality) in leading change/transformation/restructuring, as well as in process optimization is a plus;
- Ability to coach others, to establish and follow up goals for team members.
- Will relish new challenges and work well under pressure
- Excellent business acumen, able to identify Business Development opportunities
- Results oriented/achiever with a hands on approach
- Change oriented and customer centric
- Adaptive/open-minded, with a flexible mindset
- Drive, passion and entrepreneurial spirit
- Analytical mind, structured, well organized
- Used to work closely with a HQ abroad
- High integrity/value based person/trustworthy